CHOBITS
So some of this "Chobits" stuff may be a little surprising to the fifty people who have actually come across this blog. This anime has a really strange plot, characters with surprisingly awkward backstories and the wierdest character designs I've seen since "One Piece".
But to me, that was wasn't important, really. Yeah, it might have effected it to some extent, but not nearly as much as the really big problem I have with this show. I won't say it directly, because I know there has to be a Chobits fan out there somewhere who will be offended, so I'll just give you all a BIG hint...
...and I thought Ouran High School Host Club was perverted.
Okay, so although I have now clearly stated that this is one of the most perverted animes and shows in general out there, I actually taught myself to feel that this is, in spite of all the dilemmas, a half-decent anime.
I'll get it out of the way, I think this show deserves a solid 6/10. I'm sorry, guys, but yes, I am a dude, and yes, I truly think this anime is not half-bad.
So before I get into the plot, let's post the utterly obnoxious intro here, which is also a pretty off part about the show.
Now that we've got that out of the way, let's start with the plot.
College freshman Hideki Motosuwa is walking home from school one day and comes by a persecom, a humanoid robot who is manufactured to look like a teenage, really cute girl (one of the reasons why this show is so perverted), dumped out with the rest of some trash bags. Not able to leave her, Hideki takes persecom to his apartment, when later in the series he names her Chii, after the only thing she ever says the first three episodes. I know, it's beyond stupid, but they put it to good use.
A liitle ways later, Hideki takes Chii to basically a "persecom doctor", an expert on persecoms who, in fact, uncovers a piece of detail about Chii, being that she could be a "Chobits", a certain mtyhical type of persecom who hosts incredible powers. This is really when Hideki starts to like Chii, and I think you can guess what happens afterwards.
Now let's get on with the characters.
Surprisingly, there are only two main characters in this series (No deja-vu here). There's Hideki, your average schoolboy who is, to be honest, has a really bland backstory. You wanna hear it?
He was a farmer.
That's obviously so amazing you guys are laughing!
Now Chii, the persecom, was actually my favorite person in the show. She has a cool and cute design (You see her at the beginning of the review), she has a great storyline, and lastly, she provides comedy, emotion, and fan service! What more do you need!?
So technically, this is it. Chobits, I'd summarize as, is a simple (not really), to-the-point love story that pretty much every girl on the planet, and some guys like me, will all like to some extent. If your into futuristic drama, mixed with a little emotion and love, you should definitely check this one out, because, believe it or not, is a pretty decent anime.
The A-man is out!
A liitle ways later, Hideki takes Chii to basically a "persecom doctor", an expert on persecoms who, in fact, uncovers a piece of detail about Chii, being that she could be a "Chobits", a certain mtyhical type of persecom who hosts incredible powers. This is really when Hideki starts to like Chii, and I think you can guess what happens afterwards.
Now let's get on with the characters.
Surprisingly, there are only two main characters in this series (No deja-vu here). There's Hideki, your average schoolboy who is, to be honest, has a really bland backstory. You wanna hear it?
He was a farmer.
That's obviously so amazing you guys are laughing!
Now Chii, the persecom, was actually my favorite person in the show. She has a cool and cute design (You see her at the beginning of the review), she has a great storyline, and lastly, she provides comedy, emotion, and fan service! What more do you need!?
So technically, this is it. Chobits, I'd summarize as, is a simple (not really), to-the-point love story that pretty much every girl on the planet, and some guys like me, will all like to some extent. If your into futuristic drama, mixed with a little emotion and love, you should definitely check this one out, because, believe it or not, is a pretty decent anime.
The A-man is out!

No comments:
Post a Comment